What is it?
A seven-day boot camp run by daylighting experts. This is an engaging way to learn, get full daylighting work experience and meet a network of industry professionals and companies.
The summer school is aimed at both Masters and PhD students but also at professionals interested in an intensive study programme.
Where and when will it be?
The summer school will be held in Poland, organized by Politechnika Gdańska (Gdańsk University of Technology) from 26 August to 1 September, 2023.
The 1st of September there will be a pubblic event to present the NLITED project and the summer school students’ works hosted by the gdynia desing days.
What does it include?
Four days of seminars and activites
A project work developed under the supervision of experts
One technical tour to discover the architecture of Gdansk
Presentation of the works in a public event at gdynia design days (the 1st of September)
What is the program?
The program stretches over a week with activities including a training program, a technical tour and a final event in connection with the gdynia design days.
- Day 1: Welcome meeting
- Day 2: Architectural Technical Tour of Gdansk
- Day 3: Masterclasses and groups work at Politechinca of Gdansk
- Days 4-6: Masterclasses and groups work at the Eureka Hotel
- Day 7: Final event
It is possible to apply for summer school from 1 March until 30 April 2023.
The application will be available within the NLITED platform from 1 March.
Up to 32 students will be selected for the summer school.
For more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can participate in summer school in two ways. On-site participation with an immersive experience with other students and teachers, or online participation, living a remote experience but receiving the same level of preparation.
A) ON-SITE PARTICIPATION FEE
- Regular fee (practitioners, PhD from other universities): 1,500 € incl. VAT
- Consortium student fee: 300 € incl. VAT
The rate includes
- six nights in a twin room with breakfast
- all meals on workshop days
- one technical tour (trip, meal, and tour guide)
B) ONLINE PARTICIPATION FEE
- All kinds of participants: 300 € incl. VAT
The rate includes
- online participation in masterclasses
Getting ready for summer school (selection criteria)
Selection criteria include knowledge of some of the online modules of the NLITED platform, which are considered prerequisites for participation in the summer school.
NLITED eModules required
- Candidates must have passed at least three (3) NLITED eModules or have equivalent preparation.
- Certificates of attendance for the modules passed must be attached to the application form within the ePlatform.
- The list of the modules passed must include at least two (2) of the following modules: B1.0, B4.1, and B5.1. These modules are considered a prerequisite for entry to summer school.
- Alternatively, applicants must provide evidence of equivalent preparation for the two selected modules (e.g. certificates from external courses). Equivalent certificates (or other documents) must also be attached to the application.
Certificate of Attendance
All participants attending the summer school will be issued a certificate of attendance.
The NLITED summer school is designed to have a workload of 4 ECTS. However, for credits to be recognised, it will have to be the home institution of the participants that judges and awards credits to the trainees. The NLITED committee assumes no responsibility for the possible non-recognition of credits by the home institution.
- What level of difficulty can we expect, and which programs will we be using? In terms of the project, it would be similar to the daylighting course. The lectures vary from different experts with backgrounds in urban design to biology. There is a lot of focus on networking and becoming a group of students in the EU that can carry this knowledge further. It will be intense in terms of working and having fun while reflecting on the problem in a group.
- It says public presentation on day 7 – is that us students or what can we expect? You will create a 2-minute video of your projects and they will be presented at the Gdynia design days event. The idea is to create inspiring and engaging videos. You will get some knowledge on how to make such videos. It won’t be a poster or COVID-19 presentations.
- Do you have any idea of how many spots there are left? And what will it cost for consortium students? The cost is 300 EUR. The accommodation, food, travel, tours, etc. is covered by the university.
- Do you know exactly when they plan for us students to be back in our country? You are supposed to leave on the 2nd of September. On the 1st of September, there will be a presentation, and in the evening there will be a social event.